Click here to see our adoptable dogs!
How does our program work?
- Select the dog(s) you are interested in.
- If you would like more information about the dog, please call or email us with your questions. If you would like to meet the dog, please see our homepage for available times to meet our dogs. If you can't make it to the program, we will be happy to set up an appointment for you to meet the dog you are interested in, but we will ask you to first fill out an adoption application.
- Fill out our adoption application.
PLEASE NOTE: Filling out an application DOES NOT guarantee an adoption. We have thoroughly evaluated all of the dogs in our care, and we try very hard to match the right dog to the right person and situation. We reserve the right not to adopt.
After you fill out the application
Upon acceptance of the application, we will set up an appointment to visit your home to confirm that your yard and surrounding areas are safe. We then deliver the dog to your home. No dog is ever taken directly from the program without the home check. The adoption process is complete only when a contract is signed and duly executed, the dog is delivered to your home, and the adoption fee is accepted by an authorized agent of The Brittany Foundation.
We make every effort to get back to you as soon as possible. If we do not call or email you within one week of sending your application, it means that either:
- The dog was adopted by a previous application, or
- We felt that the situation presented on the application was not the right situation
for that particular dog.
Keep in mind...
If you live in a house, we insist on 6-foot-high fences and gates. If you do not meet this criteria, please speak to us about your circumstances.
We will provide you with as much information as we know about the dog you are interested in adopting. We will tell you of any behavioral issues which we have observed ... for example, whether the dog is housebroken, is a jumper or digger or barker, or has had obedience training.
We offer a lifetime return policy for all of our dogs. In the future, if you are unable to keep the dog for any reason you must return the dog to us.
Thank you for considering adopting a Brittany Foundation dog. If you don't find a dog that fits your situation, we can direct you to other shelters and rescue groups. Be sure to take a look at our Links page.